Sunday, March 20, 2011

Painting a Day-Alburquerque, N.M.

This great classic car was parked on a shady side of the street in the Old Plaza of Alburquerque, when we were there last summer. It was in super condition and drew a lot of attention. I loved the front grill and visor over the windshield. That visor is a real nice feature to have on a car in a places like the Southwest where the sun is intense. It was 113 the day we drove into Tempe, Arizona, and that was a little overwhelming for New Englanders like us, but we found a sweet hotel with a nice refreshing pool and free drinks..that made it easier to take.
The grill on this car kind of looks like a smiling face to me...very welcoming I thought.
We traveled on some sections of Old Route 66.
It isn't at all like it used to be but I'd like to go back to this region some day...
This is called, " A Friendly Face in Alburquerque", acrylic 5 x7
My husband might not let me sell this one.

No comments: