Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Evans Notch -White Mountain National Forest



This is a new work in progress that was started today. The location is old Route 113 in Gilead, Maine, which runs through an area called Evans Notch in the scenic White Mountain National Forest. Steve and I love this area and have hiked up Royce Mountain located off the road to the right and out of frame. The view from the top is breathtaking but it's a long steep climb. This section of road is so peaceful and quiet...far from the madding crowd. For this painting I decided to do something a little different so I painted a 18 x 24 panelli telati support(Italian made canvas covered board that's been gessoed) with a pink pastel alcohol wash. I've painted in the trees and shadows on the road with colors ranging from black, dark blue, teal green, forest green, olive green, pale sage green and a warm dark brown. So far the pink underpainting remains as the light source throughout.
It's an unusual color combo for me but I'll keep you posted on the progress and show you the finished painting..
By the way..most of my new work hasn't been added to my website yet..not enough time but they're all for sale...please inquire.

No comments: