Monday, September 15, 2008

Portrait of a young Havanese


This is a recent commission portrait of a Havanese puppy named Guapo. A bunch of great photos of this little guy were sent to me and I chose this pose because of the energetic expression and sparkling eyes.
How could you not love a mug like this?..He's just a pup but my understanding is that he is socializing very well with other dogs and learning to be a gentleman in public. This breed is known for it's endearing personality and undying loyalty. They also are a good choice for allergy sufferers. I'm sure he'll be a joy to his owners for years to come.
This painting is 5 x 7 size, suitable for desk top display and done with acrylics. I used all edges of a large flat brush to complete most of the image and was able to get all of the detail except for the eyes, nose and mouth which were finished with a small liner brush.
I thoroughly enjoyed working on this and was disappointed when it was done.. looking at him made me smile!
I have another commission coming soon and can't wait to get started on that...it's a completely different subject.

No comments: