Friday, May 2, 2008

Updates

We just finished redesigning my web site with a clean look and some new work added. A Scratchboard category has been added as well. It's a medium that is really interesting because of the wood block print effects that can be achieved and I plan to explore that in the future....maybe larger scale works with some abstract qualities. I'm excited about it..!
On the show front, "Midnight Auto" has been accepted into the Pastel Painters of Maine 9th International Juried Exhibition which will be held at the popular midcoast gallery, The Chocolate Church in Bath, Maine. I'm honored that my painting is one of 55 selected out of approximately 300 submitted by pastel artists from Maine and across the country.
I've also been invited to participate in Skyline Farm and Carriage Museum's 3rd Annual Exhibition called , "Fertile Ground". This show pulls together sculptors, photographers and painters living in Maine who are inspired by Maine's landscape and open lands. It should be a great show with broad appeal. Please check my Artist page for dates and times..There will be more info here about the shows as they draw near.
I also have paintings for sale at Olivia & Company, 4 School Street, in Freeport and my fine art note cards are also sold through Edgecomb Potters three galleries, on Rt 27 in Edgecomb, 8 School Street in Freeport, and Exchange Street in Portland's famous Old Port shopping district.
This is an oil study of a nearby field in Autumn. The textures of the dried grasses and the dark sky indicating a storm on the way really help to convey the season. I sold this study but will do a larger version.

No comments: